Why Our Side of Virginia?
The western side of Virginia is well positioned for growth in the mushrooming unmanned systems industry. We offer an extensive and growing unmanned aircraft systems footprint, including manufacturing, aerospace engineering and testing, flight operations, academic credentialing, along with military operations and support.
- Test Sites – For ground and air vehicles.
- Education – Advanced degree programs, associate’s degree programs and workforce development that provides access to cutting edge technology, research and students.
- Industry – An established community of technology, manufacturing, aerospace engineering and robotics companies in unmanned systems.
- A high tech community – A strong entrepreneurial culture with several support organizations.
- AUVSI Chapter – One of three chapters in VA and a visible part of the unmanned community.
- State, Regional, and Local Government Support – Unmanned Systems is a priority for Virginia and our region and we seek to brand ourselves as one of Virginia’s leaders in unmanned systems.
- Media Attention – Activities in our region have been promoted on national, regional and local news.